Entry Application Period: November 20th – December 12th 2023* Judging Period: December 13th-16th 2023 between 5:00 and 8:00 pm
Winners Announced: 18th December 2023
*There is no fee to enter.
1st Place – Tablet ($200 Value) & Taste of Monticello ($50 in restaurant gift certs)
2nd Place – Home Depot Goodie Bucket ($50 Value) & Taste of Monticello ($100 restaurant gift certs)
3rd Place – Taste of Monticello ($50 in restaurant gift certs)
You can also win a variety of other prizes from our sponsors just for entering including restaurant gift certificates & gift Cards
Rules and Regulations
1. Participation is open to all residents of Monticello, NY (homes must be located in this area).
2. Collection of personal information such as name, address, email and phone number will be used solely for the purpose of this contest.
3. The act of entering the contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest Rules & Regulations.
4. Entry is open to residential properties including single family homes, duplexes, condominiums, apartments / balconies viewed from the street; etc.
5. Entry forms must be received no later than December 8th 2023 along with a photo or video whichever is easiest. Top 10 will be chosen to Participant agrees to have their decorations/lights turned on during the judging period from December 13-16th 2023 between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm. We also hope all participants will leave up their lights through the new year so other residents can check out their holiday lights
6. Contest is for exterior decorations, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards. Lights/Decorations have to be visible from our cars.
7. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged.
8. Participants agree to email one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior to LITE Foundation.
9. Judging criteria will include: a. Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations; b. Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and c. Overall presentation.
10. To be eligible, participants must have all lights, animations and decorations in place and activated for the judging periods on all nights.
11. Houses decorated by paid professionals are not eligible.
12. Multiple prizes will be awarded including first, second, and third place prizes.
13. All prizes must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions and have no cash value.
14. Winners will be announced on December 18th 2023.
15. Winners will agree that photos or video of their homes will be shared on websites and social media pages (no physical address will be posted). Winners can decide if they want their names posted alongside the photos. Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
16. If you win a prize you cannot use, we ask that you pay it forward and donate it to someone in need.
17. We reserve the right to change contest rules/Prizes anytime.